TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The school accepts no responsibility for changes of academic services, losses, expenses, accidents, theft of personal property or injuries during the student’s course.
- All students are required to attend booked classes, notify the school in case of absence and respect other students, teachers and staff. The school reserves the right to cancel a course without refund in circumstances where a student is found to be in breach of the schools code of conduct.
- The minimum age for students is 18 years old.
- All students with the exception of beginner level, are required to take a level test.
- Course fees must be fully paid before the start date of the course. The school reserves the right to cancel the student’s reservation in case of non-payment.
- The fees for the Academic Year course and the DELE exam preparation course do not include the DELE exam registration fee.
- Students who require the school to issue official documentation in order to support a student visa application must pay their total course fees in advance. Documents can be sent via email, fax or standard mail to meet any specific requirement.
- The school is not responsible for students’ bank charges. Students who do not pay their bank charges at the time of transfer will be charged by the school upon their arrival.
- Refunds will be made using the same method of payment the student used to book their course.
- The school does not offer trial lessons, unless they are part of a special promotion.
- One hour of class is equivalent to 60 minutes.
- The minimum number of students per class is three and the maximum is eight. CactusBCN Languages reserves the right to increase the maximum class size if necessary.
- The school reserves the right to change course structures and timetables when necessary.
- The school reserves the right to alter a student’s study program in order to more effectively meet the students learning needs and levels.
- For organizational reasons the school may have to substitute a course teacher. All substitute teachers are experienced and qualified.
- The school reserves the right not to start a course if it does not have the minimum number of students enrolled.
- The school is closed on local and national public holidays and such days will not be recuperated. The content of the program will be covered within other lessons. An allowance for only one public holiday per month is included in the total price of the student’s original booking.
- Classes that are missed due to the student’s absence cannot be recovered or refunded, even with a medical document.
- Students are not allowed to come to school with members of their family. CactusBCN Languages can arrange private classes for students under 18.
- Full or partial reproduction of any of the school’s materials (books, cassettes or CDs) is prohibited under copyright law.
- Students are not permitted to defer their course once it has started. All course fees are non-refundable during periods of deferment. The dates of the booking cannot be modified once the course has started.
- All students who wish to make changes to their course must notify the school in writing by email, fax or letter at least 10 days before the course starts. Notifications not received via one of these methods will not be accepted.
- A course reservation is assigned on an individual basis and can therefore not be re-assigned or transferred to another student.
- Group classes cannot be converted into private lessons.
- All students who wish to cancel their course must notify the school in writing; by email, fax or letter. Notifications not received via one of these methods will not be accepted.
- Students who cancel their course 60 days or more before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 25% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course between 59 and 30 days before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 50% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course between 29 and 15 days before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 75% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course 14 days or less before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 100% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course after the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 100% of the total course price.
- Students who have been issued with the school’s official documents for the purpose of applying for a visa cannot cancel their course unless a copy of the official visa rejection document is provided to the school via e-mail, fax or recorded mail. In addition a standard cancellation fee of 250€ will be charged.
- Students who do not provide an official visa rejection document will be charged the enrolment fee plus 100% of the total course price.
- Where a refund is given any bank charges related to transfers and exchange rate movements will be deducted from the refundable amount.
- One hour of class is equivalent to 55 minutes.
- Private lessons can be for 1 to 3 students.
- Private lessons must be in session for a minimum of 1 hour and at least 1 session per week
- Schedule and content are flexible. A personalized program will be elaborated according to the student’s request.
- The student has to plan all his classes on the day of enrolment. Changes depend on the availability of the teacher and the classrooms and have to be asked for at reception.
- Private lessons expire 3 months after their purchase date.
- Cancellations have to be notified to CactusBCN Languages with a 24 hour notice, except classes scheduled for Mondays which must be cancelled latest by Friday 19:00. We request that you always notify the school by phone, e-mail or in person at the school. Nonattendance without notification will be considered as a cancellation.
- If the student is delayed, the lost time won’t be made up for. If the delay is greater than 30 minutes, the teacher is not obliged to wait and the class will be cancelled.
- The certificate the school offers is an attendance certificate, stating the dates of the course, the total number of study hours and the final level the student will reach. This certificate is not equivalent to an official DELE Certificate.
- Issuing the certificate is free of charge, as its cost is already included in the registration fee.
- In order to receive the school certificate, the student has to attend at least 80% of the classes.
- The certificates are only prepared upon request. Students must request the certificate at the beginning of their final course week at the latest. The certificates can be picked up from the school reception on the last day of the course. All requests received in the last days of the course will be processed in the following week.
Upon signing the student enrolment form or paying the course fees, the student accepts all terms and conditions stated above.